THE STAY CAFE SUPPORT STAFF
STAFF LEVEL: Administrative
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time, Non-Exempt
The purpose of this position is to prepare and deliver beverages and foods with excellent customer service as well as to provide administrative assistance to The Stay Café Manager. The barista position is responsible to ensure customer service and product quality are of the highest standards, while maintaining and living out Life Center’s core values and mission statement. This position is one of the few ‘front line’ positions in which any guest, congregant or staff will encounter upon arrival to Life Center, therefore it is imperative to represent Life Center’s core values and mission statement at all times.
· Fulfill Character, Competency, Chemistry and Culture requirements as set by Life Center Ministries
· Must attend Life Center weekend gathering consistently and be an active part of serving
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to take initiative within boundaries established by the supervisor
· Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
· Work with others in a close-knit fast-paced environment
· Maintain a high level of internal and external customer service and confidentiality
· Basic computer and office equipment skills
· 1-2 years of coffee/barista experience preferred (not required)
· Must obtain/maintain appropriate food handler’s license
Essential Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
Maintain knowledge of all products and services offered
Provide consistent beverages through following recipes and presentation guidelines
Follow all safety and food handling guidelines
Accurately process payments (cash and credit) for orders
Provide excellent customer service by processing orders accurately and efficiently
Address customer concerns and complaints with respect and resolve to the customer’s satisfaction
Ensure customer concerns and complaints are reported to the manager
Assist in maintaining inventory through ongoing awareness of expiration dates and inventory levels
Maintain awareness of environment and engage with customers in a manner to assess satisfaction with environment, products and service
Communicate with volunteers, congregants, staff and any other outside guests or community members in a professional and courteous manner
Provide logistical support in the preparation and execution of weekly operations as led by The Stay Café Manager
Preparing basic informational flyers to carry-out ministry-related communications (weekly specials, highlighted products or services, etc.)
Submit requests to the Communications Department or outside vendors for the creation of promotional materials as directed by the manager
Utilize processes set forth by the accounting department to request reimbursements, petty cash, requisitions, and the like
· This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Travel is not an anticipated part of this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Schedule/Hours: 10-12 hours per week (hours will vary, must be available some evenings and weekends, primarily Saturday evenings)
Supervisor:The Stay Café Manager