Copy Center Technician
TITLE: Copy Center Technician
STAFF LEVEL: Support Staff/Technical
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for the daily operation and upkeep of the campus Copy Center. Position completes copy orders for both school and church staff including special orders. The Copy Center Technician is responsible for providing a customer service-oriented environment for campus staff.
· Fulfill Character, Competency, Chemistry and Culture requirements as set by Life Center Ministries
· Demonstrates leadership ability and interpersonal skills
· Customer service oriented
· Ability to take initiative when needed
· Work with others in a close, fast-paced environment
· Must be able to maintain a customer-oriented attitude and service style
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Programs
· Ability to become proficient in print management
· Ability to learn and utilize a variety of production software and programs and Copy Center Equipment
· Excellent technical ability and troubleshooting skills
· 1-2 years’ experience working with commercial copiers, laminators, and cutters, binding, and finishing experience preferred
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· Fills copy orders of all types for both church and school employees and departments
· Orders copy center supplies for both church; informs supervisor when costs fluctuate
· Evaluates projects and provides feedback for ways to complete copying projects in timely and cost-efficient manner
· Processes and sorts interoffice mail and USPS mail (excluding packages)
· Monitor and maintain Copy Center inventory
· Maintains the color and black and white printer including in-house repairs and communicates with the printing company when maintenance is required.
· Troubleshoot functional issues with copy center machines, folders, inserters, postal machine
· Schedules preventative maintenance for office equipment
· Prepare price and function comparisons for new and replacement equipment
· Work on design projects as needed or assigned by supervisor
· Maintain office cleanliness
· Maintains awareness of and compliance with Employee Handbook Policies and Procedures
This position does not have any supervisory role(s.)
Continuing Education Requirement:
This position does not require participation in continuing education, unless otherwise denoted or requested by the Communications Manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some local travel during high production times may be necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a technical and mechanical environment with occasional exposure to professional offices, all in a ministry environment. This role routinely interacts with staff through various modes of communication.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Supervisor: Communications Manager
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave, and other benefits consistent with Employee Handbook of Policies, Practices, and Procedures
Description prepared/revised: 08/9/2019